Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hosting Bunco!

Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of hosting 11 lovely ladies for Bunco. I volunteered to host Bunco in September because I wanted to make sure I could utilize the deck space. Little did I know it would be 100 degrees that week. Whew!

I started setting up and prepping on Monday. It happened to be Labor Day, so the fact that I had the day off work really helped out! Anyway, here are some pictures of the evening. It turned out surprisingly well. I really do enjoy hosting parties!

Table One. Check out those sexy chairs I borrowed from my parents!

Table Two complete with M&Ms and the fuzzy traveler dice! The red bucket didn't stay there

And Table three with Skittles since it was a little warmer out there

We had two drinks: Skip and Go Nakeds and Pomegranate Margaritas!

The Food!

I had to move the coffee table to the entryway which worked out great because everyone put their purses there!

Here is the traveler prize that Chris and my Grandpa made. Our family friend Cammie won it!
On the menu for the night we had Sesame Chicken Salads (I kept the chicken in a separate bowl for any vegetarians and added crunchy noodles), cubed Watermelon, Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and Oreo Truffles. We also had the drinks mentioned above, sodas, and waters. Yummy!

I'm so thankful for the plates in the picture above (on the left side) that Sue got us because they work out perfectly for these events. It also keeps me from having to use disposable items which is just an unneeded expense. We also got to use the utensils and caddies Chris and I got from Marshall's or Ross or something awhile back. Everything went in the dishwasher at the end of the night, and Cindy helped me clean up since we were done so early! Thanks, Cindy!

Well this post was pretty darn boring. Sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment